Bible Quiz 2020-07 - Answers
The Gospel according to Matthew 16-18
(Recommended New American Bible)
1. What did Jesus mean when he said “Beware of the leaven of bread”? (The teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees - 16:12).
2. Who revealed to Peter that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God? (Heavenly Father – 16:17).
3. What is the Aramaic word for Peter? (Kepa meaning rock – 16:18).
4. Why Jesus called Peter Satan? (Because he did not want Jesus to die at the hands of the elders – 16:22-23).
5. What happened to the disciples when they heard a voice from heaven? (They fell prostrate and were very much afraid – 17:6).
6. From whom the kings took tolls or census tax? (From the foreigners – 17:25).
7. Who is greatest in the kingdom of heaven? (One who humbles himself like the child – 18:4).
8. What is the will of the heavenly Father? (Not one of these little ones be lost – 18:14).
9. When Jesus will be present in our midst? (When two or three are gathered together in his name – 18:20).
10. What did the master do with the servant who refused to forgive his fellow servant? (The master handed him over to the tortures until he should pay back the whole debt – 18:34).
Very Exciting news, all 14 people that did the Bible quiz wrote correctly:
Kathleen Louviere, Sylvia Guillory, Carolyn Ackman, Patty Hotard, Susan Legendre, Carolyn & Cheryl, Rachel Torres, Judy & Roland Brannon & Ella Walker, Debbie H., Brenda Nelson, Alberta LeBlanc, Landry’s, Michelle Tholen and Julia Hepler.