Bible Quiz 2020-08 - Answers
The Gospel according to Matthew 19-21
(Recommended New American Bible)
1. . For what reason some renounce marriage, according to Jesus? - For the sake of the kingdom of heaven (19:12).
2. Why did the young man go away sad? – Because he had many possessions and he did not want to depart from it. (19:22).
3. What is the reward for those who give up everything? – They inherit eternal life (19:29).
4. “Take what is yours and go” – who said this to whom? – The landowner to the laborers who came first to work in the vineyard (20:14).
5. “Can you drink the cup that I am going to drink” – What is the meaning of this statement? – A share in Jesus’ suffering, the endurance of tribulation and suffering for the gospel (20: 22).
6. What is the meaning of the word Hosanna? – O Lord, grant salvation; but this invocation had become an acclamation of jubilation and welcome (21:9).
7. After cleansing of the Temple, where did Jesus go? To Bethany and spent the night (21: 17).
8. Which of the two sons did his father’s will? – The first (21: 31).
9. What did the owner of the vineyard do with the tenants? – He put them to a wretched death and leased his vineyard to other tenants who will give him the produce at the proper times (21: 41).
10. What is the O T reference of the verse 21:42? – Psalm 118: 22-23. The psalm was used in the early church as a prophecy of Jesus’ resurrection.
22 people did the Bible quiz and the first 16 wrote all correctly:
Alberta LeBlanc, Rachel Torres, Julia Hepler, Agatha & Becky Wiggins, Galen & Jenny Guillot, John Trevino, Katherine Sharp, Kathleen Louviere, Carolyn & Cheryl, Carolyn Ackman, Judy Alfred, Edmond & Fran Rachal, Susan Legendre, Christina Wallace, The Tholen Family, Albert Solet, Barbara Cothron, The Landry’s, , Sr., Sylvia Guillory, Debbie H., Brenda Nelson, Judy & Roland Brannon & Ella Walker. Thank you to all who participated in the Bible Quiz