Bible Quiz 2021- 13 - The Gospel According to Mark, Chapters 7 to 9 -Answers
1. What do the Pharisees nullify in favor of their tradition? (Word of God – 7:13).
2. What evils that come from within defile a person? (From their hearts come evil thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance and folly – 7:21&22).
3. The word Ephphatha – be opened is used in which Sacrament and when? (In baptism while the priest prays over the ears and mouth of the child).
4. Why Jesus did not want to send the crowd away hungry to their homes? (Because they will collapse on the way and some of them had come from a great distance – 8:3).
5. What is the meaning of Messiah? (Anointed)
6. On whom the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in his Father’s glory? (Whoever is ashamed of the Son of Man and of his words in this faithless and sinful generation (8:38).
7. What is the implication of the appearance of Elijah and Moses during the transfiguration of Jesus? (Elijah was a great prophet; Jesus is the fulfilment of all the prophets of the OT. Moses was a law giver; Jesus is the new law giver).
8. Everything is possible by what? (If you have faith - 9:23).
9. When Jesus predicted the second time of his passion what were the disciples discussing about? (Who was the greatest in the kingdom – 9:34).
10. Why did Jesus tell his disciples not to prevent someone driving out demon in his name? (Because one who performs a mighty deed in his name at the same time cannot speak ill of him – 9:39).
Altogether 19 people wrote the answers and the first nine people wrote correctly: Sylvia Guillory,
Brannon Family, Judy Alfred, Trevino Family, Landry Family, Alberta LeBlanc, Carolyn Ackman, Kathleen Louviere, Cart Family, Barbara Cothron, Debbie H., Brenda Nelson, Cindy Viola, Guillot Family, Albert Solet, Tholen Family, Janice McIntyre, Mary Beadle, Susan Legendre.