Bible quiz # 29 Acts of the Apostles (Chapters 17 - 21) - Answers
- What was the usual custom of Paul when he went to a city/town? – On Sabbath days entering into discussions with Jews from Scriptures (17:2).
- What is Areopagus? – City council of Athens – (17:19).
- How did Paul make his living? – By making tent in the week days (18:3).
- Who vigorously refuted the Jews in Ephesus in public? – Apollos, a native of Alexandria – (18:28).
- How long did Paul hold daily discussions in the lecture hall of Tyrannus in Ephesus? – Two years (19:10).
- After Paul's preaching in Ephesus, what action was done by Jewish exorcists? – collected their books and burned them in public (19:19).
- Whom did Paul restore to life in Troas? – Eutychus (20: 10).
- While Paul was in Miletus speaking to the presbyters of Ephesus who asked him to go to Jerusalem? – The Spirit (20:22).
- While Paul was meeting James in Jerusalem what was he told to do? – As he defied the Mosaic laws he was asked to purify himself with the help of four men heads shaved (21:18-26).
- Where do we find the slogan "Away with him" in connection with Jesus? –At the trial of Jesus before Pilate in (Lk 23:18).
Thank you to the following participants:
Kathleen Louiviere, Becky Wiggins, Landry Family, Kenny Zimmer, Renee Garris, Cindy & Sammy Viola, Roland & Judy Brannon and Ella Walker, Alberta LeBlanc, Galen & Jenny Guillot, Michelle Tholen, Christina Wallace, Theresa Babin, Rachel Torres, Julia Hepler, Brenda Nelson, Catherine Cali, Albert Solet, Carolyn Ackman, Susan Legendre, Melinda Frederick, Amanda Rosado Beall, & anonymous.