Bible Quiz 2020-09 - Answers
Gospel according to Matthew Chapters 22- 24
1. Why was the man without the wedding garment thrown out of the wedding feast? - Because he came in without change of heart and mind which is the condition for entrance into the Kingdom (22:11).
2. What is the meaning of “To God what belongs to God”? – Repaying God with good deeds that are his due – (22:21).
3. At the resurrection, how would we be? – Like the angels in heaven (22:30).
4. What is the reference in the OT of the greatest commandment, the first and second
commandments? – (Dt 6:4-5 & Lev 19:18).
5. Why did Jesus say not to follow the example of the Pharisees? – Because they preach but do
not practice (23: 3).
6. What is the meaning of “first cleanse inside the cup, so that outside also may be clean”? – Inner
cleanliness/purity of heart is more important than the outside ritual fulfilment (23:26).
7. Why did Jesus lament over Jerusalem? – Because they repeatedly rejected and murdered
those whom God had sent to it (23:37-39).
8. Who will be saved from calamities and tribulation? – One who perseveres to the end (24:13).
9. Who knows the end of the day and hour? - Father (24:36).
10.Whom the Father will put in charge of his property? – Faithful servants (24: 46&47).
Altogether 17 people wrote the answers and the first six people wrote correctly:
Wiggins Family, John Trevino, Sr., Judy Alfred, Syliva Guillory, Barbara Cothron, Roland Brannon Family, Guillot Family, Susan Legendre, DeAnna Dupre, Landry Family, Rachel Torres
Carolyn Ackman, Rachal Family, Alberta LeBlanc, Kathleen Louviere, Tholen Family & Brenda Nelson.