Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Prayer: Gracious Lord, we pray for all the member of your holy Church, that all may abide in you and you in them, that they may be one in your love and bear much fruit. We also pray for the world, that all may come to believe in your love for them by the fruit of our witness. We know that our divisions are a source of scandal to your world, and we know that in love we are called to unite as one in the vine and branches. The vine is our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son. We are meant to be his branches. Help us we pray, to love, to forgive, to seek justice and to be your prophetic voice in the world. May your grace effect growth of good fruit among us, that our world may realize peace. We ask all this in the name of Jesus, your Son and in the power of the Holy Spirit, One God, for ever and ever. Amen.
- Day 1, Called by God: “You did not choose me but I chose you” (John 15:16a).
- Day 2, Maturing internally: “Abide in me as I abide in you” (John 15:4a).
- Day 3, Forming one body: “Love one another as I have loved you” (John 15:12b).
- Day 4, Praying together: “I do not call you servants any longer... but I have called you friends” (John 15:15).
- Day 5, Letting oneself be transformed by the Word: “You have already been pruned by the word...” (John 15:3).
- Day 6, Welcoming others: “Go and bear fruit, fruit that will last” (John 15:16b).
- Day 7, Growing in Unity: “I am the vine, you are the branches” (John 15:5a).
- Day 8, Reconciling with all of creation: “So that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete” (John 15:11).